Broken .hidden support in current binutils on ia32

Philipp Thomas pthomas@suse.de
Mon Jun 5 18:11:00 GMT 2000

* Martin v. Loewis (martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de) [20000605 23:53]:

> Since the ELF visibility support in binutils 2.10 will be broken
> without these changes, and since GCC 3 will rely on a working support
> for .hidden (or none at all), I think it is really important that
> these patches get merged into the release branch.

Never the less we have to revamp the autoconf test to also check for broken
visibility support or it'll bite us on and on. Is anybody more familiar with
the ELF visibility support able to come up with a short test for it that we
could use for this purpose?

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE  50              /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC   30              /* max number of processes */
 	-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h