Binutils: new releases.

Mumit Khan khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU
Thu Jan 6 16:24:00 GMT 2000


On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Brendan J Simon wrote:

> The latest binutils release (binutils-2.9.1) on the gnu mirrors is quite
> old.  I know Mumit Khan has lots of pathces for the x86-pe targets and
> apparently there have been lots of powerpc and/or powerpc-linux target
> changes.

Actually, I have only a few patches, and quite minor at that -- mostly 
small bug fixes and no new functionality. Most of these patches are 
already in the sourceware tree. You can see my recent submissions at:
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/patches/binutils/

The only solution, in light of this reeaaaealllyyy long release cycle, 
that I've found is to take a particular snapshot of the CVS tree, test 
it on lots of code hope for the best. Painful and error-prone at best.
Unfortunately, that also means that I have different binutils distribs
for x86-pe (mine's based on 1999-11-09 CVS), another one for Linux (HJ 
Lu's), yet another one for HP-UX (can't remember what snapshot I'm using 
currently), and so on.

Regards,
Mumit




More information about the Binutils mailing list