Allow partial C++ linking with i386/PE
Andrew Haley
aph@pasanda.cygnus.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 10:09:00 GMT 1999
> Date: 29 Oct 1999 12:51:01 -0400
> From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com>
>
> Date: 29 Oct 1999 16:49:24 -0000
> From: Andrew Haley <aph@pasanda.cygnus.co.uk>
>
> This patch was put on the list about a month ago, and it is essential
> for partial linkage with C++ and i386/PE.
>
> Please scream if you don't want me to check this in...
>
> 1999-10-06 Andrew Haley <aph@cygnus.com>
>
> * coffcode.h (coff_write_object_contents): Don't call
> coff_write_symbols if we already have a nonzero
> obj_raw_syment_count.
>
> You can put it in, but please add a comment explaining why checking
> obj_raw_syment_count is correct.
Right.
> I was hesitating to approve it earlier because I hoped to verify for
> myself that it was the right test. But you might as well go ahead
> if you are sure.
Eehh. As far as I can tell, if we have a nonzero obj_raw_syment_count
the strings which are the section names will always have been written
anyway. But can never be sure with BFD...
I'm not an expert in this area. I you have reservations I'd prefer to
wait until you're more confident before I check it in.
Cheers and Thanks,
Andrew.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list