[cygnus.gas2] binutils bug: config.guess

Carlo Wood carlo@runaway.xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 6 09:10:00 GMT 1999

Richard Stallman wrote:
| In this case, the issue probably has nothing to do with the kernel per
| se.  It is an issue of the GNU system.

I'd like to repeat that the problem is in `which', I recall that in
binutils I saw `which' being used to determine the path to `ld',
which was the problem.

I rewrote `which' and called it which-2.0.tar.gz

This is a more mature version ;), and I'd welcome it if it
could become a (the) standard GNU utility, although it won't
work likely on other architectures than GNU/Linux yet.

I uploaded it to metalab and announced it to comp.os.linux.announce
I am in the process to get it added to RedHat 6.0 and I suppose
that will succeed.

Home page: http://www.xs4all.nl/~carlo17/which/

--
 Carlo Wood  <carlo@runaway.xs4all.nl>