[cygnus.gas2] binutils bug: config.guess

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Tue Apr 6 02:13:00 GMT 1999

    > That is irrelevant.  The question is:  Is it likely to fail on
    > *Linux* systems, since (as far as I can tell) those are the only
    > ones that will be running ld?

Please keep in mind that Linux is the kernel; the system in which
Linux is typically used is basically a modified version of the GNU
system.  Please help the GNU Project by calling the system GNU/Linux.
While I know this won't help solve the particular bug at hand, it is
very important for the GNU Project.  See
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html for more explanation.

In this case, the issue probably has nothing to do with the kernel per
se.  It is an issue of the GNU system.

Thank you in advance.