This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke
- From: Richard Stallman <rms at gnu dot org>
- To: Zach van Rijn <me at zv dot io>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, aoliva at redhat dot com
- Cc: rms at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 23:08:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke
- References: <email@example.com> <E1fDLZU-00076y-KO@fencepost.gnu.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: rms at gnu dot org
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]
> It would be unprofessional of me to let you defend a joke about a topic
The GNU Project does not adhere to this rigid idea of
"professionalism". Even the name "GNU" is a joke.
> so deeply personal to some,
The issue of gag rules is not directly personal, so I expect that
readers can see the humor in this joke whatever their views about
abortion rights themselves.
So I stand by my decision.
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.