Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

On 2018-05-01 04:03, Richard Stallman wrote:

The point of this joke is even more important now than it was when I
first wrote it.  Please do not remove it.

GNU is not a purely technical project, so the fact that this is
not strictly and grimly technical is not a reason to remove this.

Please ack.

Your anti-natalism and pro-abortion views have had a very wide reach [1][2][3] from pieces on your site and so on. Relative to that the number of people learning about it from a section of glibc manual is minuscule. As this is not an effective place to proselytize, removing it from there will not hinder the good you aim to do with it. On the other hand it is such a deeply personal and in many causes traumatic experience that may be very upsetting to suddenly be exposed to in a strange mocking way, removing it would make glibc less painful to work with for some people.

[1] http://www.art.net/Studios/Hackers/Hopkins/Don/text/rms-vs-doctor.html
[2] https://stallman.org/articles/children.html
[3] http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_Stallman

It would be advisable to have empathy for the struggles we do not personally go through and if possible involve women in this conversation.

Lastly I would like to ask, must one have the same political views as Stallman to be part of the GNU project? What if we simply believe in the four software freedoms, is that not enough? Should members who are against abortion (this includes vegans) be excluded?