This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: strxfrm output stability
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: strxfrm output stability
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55EF4F95 dot 4020703 at redhat dot com>
The only thing that matters about strxfrm output is its strcmp ordering.
If that changes, it's either a bug fix or a bug (either in the code or in
the locale data). If the string contents change but the ordering doesn't,
then it's an implementation detail that is allowed to change.