[QUERY] How many platforms are using the soft-float ieee128 math

As we consider evolving the emerging powerpc64le platform, it seems like
an opportunity to make ABI changes/improvements at this early stage.
Changes we would not consider for the existing BE PowerPC ecosystem.

For example moving long double from IBM double-double to standard
ieee128. With newer generation hardware providing VMX/VSX with stronger
logical and integer arithmetic capabilities, emulating ieee128 is more
viable now then in the past.

But. we would like to understand the viability of the current soft-float
ieee128 and libm functions. How many platforms are using it now and what
is their experience.

When I look at x86_64 we see long double is still generating x87 80-bit
float. I was disappointed to learn that -m128bit-long-double only
effects data alignment.