This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [QUERY] How many platforms are using the soft-float ieee128 math
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: munroesj at us dot ibm dot com, munroesj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, wschmidt at us dot ibm dot com, azanella at us dot ibm dot com, Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:17:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [QUERY] How many platforms are using the soft-float ieee128 math
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1382039184 dot 22373 dot 20 dot camel at spokane1 dot rchland dot ibm dot com>
From: Steven Munroe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:46:24 -0500
> But. we would like to understand the viability of the current soft-float
> ieee128 and libm functions. How many platforms are using it now and what
> is their experience.
Sparc is one of the few platforms that uses it, thanks to Jason and
others the soft-fp layer for it works quite well these days.