This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Fix or1k gcc-4.9 -m32 compilation error
- From: Stefan Kristiansson <stefan dot kristiansson at saunalahti dot fi>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 07:19:08 +0300
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix or1k gcc-4.9 -m32 compilation error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140609190257 dot GA17807 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1406092038050 dot 3047 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Maciej W. Rozycki
> First, this is a generated file, your change will go away the next time
> the maintainer regenerates it. Second, it's been discussed to death
> recently and a conclusion made this needs to be fixed in CGEN even rather
> than the template this file has been made from before it is regenerated.
> I don't know what happened to the fix -- Stefan, any progress on that?
I presented two patches, one that adds the 'U' suffix to only the
related constants (as the patch in this thread does)
and one that adds the 'U' suffix to all enum constants.
However, Frank was still worried that the 'U' suffix would cause
problems and was inclined to use a cast to (int) prefix instead.
Changing the patch to do a cast to (int) isn't as straight forward as
it seems and I haven't got around to do that.