This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Resurrecting Missing Methods in inttypes.h
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 14:54:46 -0500
- Subject: Resurrecting Missing Methods in inttypes.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
A long time ago, I asked about adding the missing methods
in inttypes.h. The thread meandered and never came to
a conclusion. It is here:
I **THINK** the consensus was that:
+ we want individual bodies so they can be linked to
and documented in newlib style.
+ __int128_t is not an issue.
+ Cygwin is doing this with "aliases"
imaxabs = llabs
imaxdiv = lldiv
strtoimax = strtoll
strtoumax = strtoull
wcstoimax = wcstoll
wcstoumax = wcstoull
It looks like the FreeBSD implementation does **NOT*
depend on any underlying size assumptions.
I would like to propose merging the FreeBSD implementations
and would like suggestions on adding documentation.
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35806
Support Available (256) 722-9985