Re: HEADSUP: Extended locales and removing __part_load_locale

Hi guys,

Along these lines:

The ctype functions and macros use the global variable __ctype_ptr__.
That's not feasible anymore with POSIX locales which require a function
returning the current locale's ctype array pointer (we should have done
that from the start, duh!)

Apart from Cygwin, do we have a target which has to keep the global
__ctype_ptr__ for backward compat?  If not, I'll remove it in favor of
the per-locale ctype pointer.

Thanks,
Corinna