Re: Moving the git master branch

On 28/05/15 13:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> So, three strategies now.  Which one is the best?  I saw the renaming
> strategy on the net and it seemed to be the one with the least hassle...

Just make sure you have everybody to git pull --rebase to not have too
many horrible surprises on their trees (even better, use git fetch and
check the result).

If renaming makes you happy about the contents, I do not see why do
otherwise.

If you need to move more commits around `git rebase -i` is a boon, you
can literally cut away the list of commit from a branch and then switch
branch and use `git rebase -i ${starting hash}` and paste them.

I use it quite often when I have to do multiple cherry-picks from my
topic branches.

lu

PS: In case you are afraid of not being able to rollback easily your
local tree, `git reflog` is a boon.