Re: RFA: Add ! LDBL_EQ_DBL implementations of cosl, sinl and tanl

On 3/3/2015 11:48 AM, Craig Howland wrote:

On 03/03/2015 09:45 AM, Gregory Pietsch wrote:
Here's my attempt at all of the functions in the background of this. Feel free to criticize and carve it up like a Thanksgiving turkey. -- Gregory

In a quick look at it, I don't see where the _Classify function properly handles the Intel 80-bit long double format, which has the fixed msb set in the significand--which needs to be ignored in the INF/NAN check. If it does, could you point it out to me?
I knew there was something wrong with that. Thanks for pointing that out! A correction is attached.

By the way, I have almost all of the long double functions done, but am still probably a couple of weeks away from getting the last details done to be able to submit the first piece. The strtold that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago is the first I am working towards, but it requires some infrastructure that I have to resolve, and time to work on it has been hard to come by. Once I get that, I'm planning on putting in strtold. After that there's lots more. The stuff I have has been tested with Intel 80-bit (the biggest nuisance because of that p0 bit), as well as 128-bit on SPARC. Of course, if others get there first, that's OK, since I have been very pokey on it.

I think it's fun to compare implementations. I've gotten just about everything written that doesn't require a polynomial approximation in my implementation of the math library. Maybe we'll get better at it. -- Gregory

Craig