This is the mail archive of the newlib@sourceware.org mailing list for the newlib project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
Hi Corinna,
That's right, a math.h patch is missing.
Snafu - I had patched the file, but forgot to include it in the submission. :-(
Setting errno should be easy to add: - cosl, sinl and tanl just need an extra check for Inf to set errno to EDOM. - tanl needs an extra check if the result of a non-Inf arg is Inf to return ERANGE. - fabsl doesn't define errors> - floorl doesn't produce errors (see Linux man page), Nick, any problem to add this?
I can do this, but... sleeping on it last night, I realised that I had not checked all of the code paths in the new functions. When I checked them this morning I discovered that they were broken. Ie sinl(), cosl() and tanl() all return incorrect values for certain, large, input values. I tried to investigate, but the maths involved is beyond me, so I am going to have to shelve this patch until I have more time. Sorry.
Cheers Nick
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |