This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: building cross tool chain
- From: Freddie Chopin <freddie_chopin at op dot pl>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:25:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: building cross tool chain
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAH5Buokq13yHWg5O0GbxnSbhaFq6TjPcoiYi6vZzTQ5PTjmjrw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 12/22/2014 01:40 PM, Jyrki Saarinen wrote:
I'm building an ARM cross chain. Which why to build newlib is the preferred way?
1. mv newlib-2.2.0/newlib to gcc's directory
2. build gcc and then build newlib separately by executing configure
&& make & make installQ
I use the second option, that's the same way that is used by ARM to
produce their toolchain (on which my package is based).
Bash scripts used to compile the whole thing are part of each (new*)
* - in some older Linux packages the scripts were missing, but they were
present in Windows packages; all recent packages have these scripts