This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: FW: checking whether <arm-none-eabi-gcc accepts> -g... <no>
- From: Freddie Chopin <freddie_chopin at op dot pl>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 11:31:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: FW: checking whether <arm-none-eabi-gcc accepts> -g... <no>
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <fe7ec752437a424eb680254b08c247c4 at FE-MBX1020 dot de dot bosch dot com>
On 12/03/2014 11:02 AM, Kleiber Tamas (BCDS/ENG2) wrote:
Could you please help me understand what could be the problem with my setup?
I didn't dig deep into that issue, but I would assume that the problem
is Windows and MSYS. If you configure/build in the same way as launchpad
toolchain is built (check their scripts in the "...-src" package), then
there's no other option.
I also compile newlib (lates master) myself in a similar way as
launchpad guys do (my compilation is here -
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bleeding-edge/ , scripts are also
included), but I'm doing that on Linux and it "just works"... Trying to
build any "typical" project on Windows is just too much trouble - it's
easier and faster to install any Linux distro directly on your machine
or using VirtualBox.