This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't override CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET when optimising for size
- From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>
- To: Bob Dunlop <bob dot dunlop at xyzzy dot org dot uk>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 12:10:27 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't override CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET when optimising for size
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141113140206 dot GA2770 at xyzzy dot org dot uk>
If you look at the note in the top-level MAINTAINER file, you will see that
changes to the config directory needs to be kept in sync with the GCC repo.
compile; depcomp; install-sh; missing; ylwrap;
Any global maintainer can approve changes to these
files and directories, but they should be aware
that they need to be kept in sync with their
counterparts in the GCC repository.
I would suggest you submit your patch to the gcc list and then it should get
mirrored for newlib's repo.
-- Jeff J.
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Bob Dunlop" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> To: email@example.com
> Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:02:06 AM
> Subject: [PATCH] Don't override CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET when optimising for size
> This patch prevents optmizing for space overriding any other
> CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET that may already be set. Found when trying
> to set -fno-omit-frame-pointer for compatability with some
> in house code.
> Simply append the space optimisation flags to the CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET
> set rather than replacing.
> Tested compiling newlib-2.0.0 for ARM with crosstool-NG-1.20.0 and
> GNU Make 3.82.
> Same patch for 2.1.0.
> Bob Dunlop