This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: help on inconsistent printf() warning from gcc
- From: Craig Howland <howland at LGSInnovations dot com>
- To: <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:13:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: help on inconsistent printf() warning from gcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5453D9B6 dot 30803 at oarcorp dot com>
On 10/31/2014 02:49 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Not that this changes the behavior, but the test cases are labeled backwards.
After applying the wchar_t-to win_t correction that Myers points out, the
correct format is %lc (per C99), while %C is non-standard.
I have attached correct and incorrect test cases. I am hoping
someone here can give me a clue as to where to look. I am
wondering if this is an inconsistency across targets in the
C library. I did file this as GCC PR63301 but it was quickly
closed as invalid. But I think the inconsistent generation of
warnings is a bug.