Re: [Patch] Replace MIPS strcmp.c with assembly language version.

On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 17:36 -0400, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> I noticed that the glibc version has an LGPL license.  Where did you get this version
> from with the BSD-style license?
>
> I also assume this is noticeably better
> than the much smaller NetBSD version of MIPS strcmp.S I found on the net:
>
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/common/lib/libc/arch/mips/string/strcmp.S?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN
>
> -- Jeff J.

I wrote this version of strcmp for glibc and newlib from scratch.  Well,
I did reuse some of my own setup code from memcpy, which is already
checked in to glibc and newlib.

I submitted it to glibc with the LGPL license and to newlib with the
BSD-style license as that is the type of license each project wants, or
at least that was what was requested when I did the new memcpy for MIPS.

Since it was written by me and owned by Imagination, my employer, I
assume there is no problem with me releasing it under multiple licenses
to the different projects.  The copyright assignment from Imagination is
on file with the FSF for both glibc and newlib.

Steve Ellcey