This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
questions on implementing long double
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:02:12 +0200
- Subject: questions on implementing long double
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am currently looking on how to implement the missing long double math
functions; I am inclined to import the implementation from
FreeDSB as it seems the most completed while the Netbsd
lacks some functions.
As today we have a partial implementation for platform with
_LDBL_EQ_DBL in libm/common
while normal implementation are usually in libm/math
Assuming to merge the current and the FreeBSD, I think that
the implementation should be moved to files with a name scheme
Does make sense ?
Additional question, except the case where in newlib
_DOUBLE_IS_32BITS is defined, on FreeBSD there are two cases
LDBL_MANT_DIG == 64
LDBL_MANT_DIG == 113
for 80bit and 128 bit.
There are other LDBL_MANT_DIG values I should be aware on
newlib platforms ?