This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: inttypes.h bug leads to inconsistent warnings cross platform
- From: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>, "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 10:16:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: inttypes.h bug leads to inconsistent warnings cross platform
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5409CAAD dot 1030801 at oarcorp dot com> <540D4927 dot 60500 at embedded-brains dot de> <1e1ad4d4-ae7d-405e-9dcb-784af0695ac3 at email dot android dot com>
On 08/09/14 10:12, Joel Sherrill wrote:
On September 8, 2014 1:13:59 AM CDT, Sebastian Huber<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>On 05/09/14 16:37, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>Any thoughts on how to detect when it should use
>>"ul" for long uinptr_t instead of "u" for targets with
>I think there are only two options, loop
>1. add a cascade of #ifdef arch for all special cases, or
>2. add builtin defines to GCC.
This is the conclusion I came to.
I am not sure which is less painful. My gut says it would have to be added to a lot more places in gcc than newlib. It is easy to solve in newlib. Although it seems more correct to add it to GCC.
I suppose I should restart this thread over at GCC to get more opinions.
I think the GCC support is incomplete since it offers builtin defines for the
limits and the constants (e.g. #define __INT32_C(c) c ## L).
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH
Address : Dornierstr. 4, D-82178 Puchheim, Germany
Phone : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax : +49 89 189 47 41-09
E-Mail : email@example.com
PGP : Public key available on request.
Diese Nachricht ist keine geschÃftliche Mitteilung im Sinne des EHUG.