This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Add sigaltstack() prototype - Round 2
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:37:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: Add sigaltstack() prototype - Round 2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53EE0A6D dot 7020409 at oarcorp dot com> <20140815134646 dot GI28562 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53EE1746 dot 2090305 at oarcorp dot com> <20140815143234 dot GJ28562 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53EE2FA2 dot 4030405 at oarcorp dot com> <20140815203427 dot GA3000 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53F207D6 dot 3040303 at oarcorp dot com> <20140818181822 dot GI2280 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 8/18/2014 1:18 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 18 09:04, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> This is now committed. Thanks for all the reviews and comments.
> There was a problem with your patch. All the macros and type definitions
> are in the RTEMS-only block, while the declaration of sigaltstack is in a
> Cygwin || RTEMS block. This leads to errors along the lines of
> error: âstack_tâ has not been declared
> on Cygwin. I fixed that by guarding the sigaltstack declaration with an
> additional #ifdef __rtems__.
Sorry. I thought the constant values were likely to be OS specific. I
structure and call to be available based on the XSI/POSIX version.
It really isn't there on Cygwin so if you want to make it RTEMS
specific, I don't
mind. I don't know if the rule is let it compile but not link with
methods in .h files that are defined by the standard.
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985