This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Building newlib-2.1.0 for m68k fails
- From: Anders Montonen <Anders dot Montonen at iki dot fi>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 20:17:59 +0300
- Subject: Re: Building newlib-2.1.0 for m68k fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <004301cfb1cb$7d05e710$7711b530$ at tranaptic dot ca>
On Aug 7, 2014, at 2:09, Keith Clifford wrote:
> On Cygwin I'm building gcc-4.91 along with newlib-2.1.0 for a mingw host and
> an m68k ELF target. Building newlib failed when trying to compile io-read.c
> because the return type of read is a ssize_t but the prototype uses
> _READ_WRITE_RETURN_TYPE which in my configuration was defined to int. The
> attached patch fixed the problem.
FWIW, this patch fixed my build problems.