This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM][libgloss] Make text segment 64k-aligned in the spec files
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: Newlib Mailing List <newlib at sourceware dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 12:36:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM][libgloss] Make text segment 64k-aligned in the spec files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53C64945 dot 7090308 at arm dot com>
On 16 July 2014 10:43, Kyrill Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> This patch fixes the 'text segment not a multiple of max page size' warnings
> that appeared recently in gcc+binutils bare-metal testing.
> The problem is that the text segment in the aprofile-validation and
> aprofile-ve specs files is set to a non-64k-aligned position which doesn't
> sit well with the recently changed max page size in binutils.
> The patch changes that address to 0x10000 which is 64k-aligned.
> I've tested bare-metal arm-none-eabi builds with these spec files and
> everything seems to be in order.
> If this is approved can someone please commit it for me?
This looks sane to me, but I can;t approve.