This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Licensing and the newlib dir
- From: "Henderson, Stuart" <Stuart dot Henderson at analog dot com>
- To: "Newlib Mailing List (newlib at sourceware dot org)" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:49:28 +0000
- Subject: Licensing and the newlib dir
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=fail (sender IP is 126.96.36.199) smtp dot mailfrom=Stuart dot Henderson at analog dot com;
"The newlib subdirectory is a collection of software from several sources.
Each file may have its own copyright/license that is embedded in the source
file. Unless otherwise noted in the body of the source file(s), the following copyright
notices will apply to the contents of the newlib subdirectory: "
However, if a file has no copyright notice or license information, how are you supposed to correlate that file to a particular license or copyright holder?
For instance, a lot of the crt files:
have nothing in them to suggest a license or copyright holder.
Do they default to the RedHat BSD license? If so, is this the 2 or 3 clause BSD license?
Apologies if this is explained already.