This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: License terms for specific newlib source files
- From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>
- To: Herve SIBERT <herve dot sibert at st dot com>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 13:40:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: License terms for specific newlib source files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5E4FCA4CB0622D43ABBE8FB25AD0EF61E4D3AE5FC3 at SAFEX1MAIL5 dot st dot com>
The files in question are covered by the Red Hat license in COPYING.NEWLIB.
Newlib uses the 3-clause version of the BSD license.
-- Jeff J.
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Herve SIBERT" <email@example.com>
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Sent: Friday, June 6, 2014 8:53:31 AM
> Subject: License terms for specific newlib source files
> We're working on an open-source project with BSD license, and planning to
> embed the following newlib source files (from the "string" directory):
> We've gone through the COPYING.NEWLIB list of licenses, but in order to keep
> things clear for end-users, we'd like to include the exact license and
> copyright terms for each of these files. Are these files subject to any
> license/copyright beyond that of RedHat? If so, which are the relevant
> Besides, the RedHat license in COPYING.NEWLIB is pointing to BSD license
> definition on the OSI website but does not mention whether it's the 2-Clause
> or the 3-Clause that applies. Which one should we take?
> With best regards,