This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: problems configuring newlib on Ubuntu
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Ben Hertzberg <bhertzberg at apple dot com>
- Cc: "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 08:45:53 +0000
- Subject: Re: problems configuring newlib on Ubuntu
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6C9AEA78-A03B-4A50-B97D-898970603C1A at apple dot com>
On 12 February 2014 22:25, Ben Hertzberg <email@example.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build newlib on an x86-64 Ubuntu 13.10 system for aarch64 simulation. I have already installed the aarch64-linux-gnu binutils, as well as some of the other packages that the configure script seemed to be checking for. I just want to create a libc and libgloss that I can statically link against when compiling AArch64 linux ELF binaries.
> I am running into serious trouble getting newlib to configure and build. I'm spinning my wheels and I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.
> Here are the steps that I take after downloading the newlib archive:
> tar zxvf newlib-2.1.0.tar.gz
> mkdir newlib-aarch64-linux-gnu
> cd newlib-aarch64-linux-gnu
I find I need to configure with --with-newlib to get anything to build
(although I am far from an expert on building newlib).
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro