This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Newlib 2.1.0 not building
- From: Vidya Praveen <vidyapraveen at arm dot com>
- To: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>, newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 21:09:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: Newlib 2.1.0 not building
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK7YJbJtPwNNzy0Ww7KuTOSeRZ5xR0Ai0hnGwT8u+Nfn145KBQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <52C6CBF9 dot 1080209 at debian dot org> <52CC8329 dot 9040302 at redhat dot com>
On 07/01/14 22:43, Jeff Johnston wrote:
Actually, this is caused because of a relative file path.
The right way to fix this is to change the arm/configure.in to use
ac_abs_srcdir instead of srcdir as part of host_makefile_frag. I have
made the change and checked it in, but had problem getting an arm
toolchain to build with.
Please verify the change I made works.
-- Jeff J.
arm-none-eabi build does fail with the error:
make: *** No rule to make target `/../config/default.mh', needed by
Without your previous change, it works though:
Author: Jeff Johnston <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue Jan 7 22:41:38 2014 +0000
2014-01-07 Jeff Johnston <email@example.com>
* arm/configure.in: Fix host_makefile_frag to use ac_abs_srcdir.
* arm/configure: Regenerated.
Could you please have a look? Thanks.