Newlib branch with latest autotools support

I have created a newlib branch (newlib-autotools-branch) that has regenerated all the configuration files using latest autotools. There were a number of changes required to get this to work.

I have tested it builds and runs successfully for i686-pc-linux-gnu and mn10300. I would like others to try it out and verify that it works for their platform of choice or report the problems to me.

Specifically, I'd like Corinna to arrange to have it tested for Cygwin which I am particularly worried about. Joel, please verify one or more RTEMS configurations. I don't anticipate much trouble. Shaun, if you could verify an arm build, that would be great.

Regards,