RE: Confused by building process of newlib

> >There is a number of subdirs like 'nof' 'und' .. Secondly I
> see during
> >building that gcc option '-meabi' is overriden by
> '-mno-eabi'. Both are
> >parameter to gcc but -mno-eabi is the last one.
>
> I won't worry too much about that.  The library should be
> compatible with EABI systems.  The only difference is that it
> will align stacks differently, and won't use as much
> small-data space as it could.  It's probably best to just
> stick with the defaults and see if that works, before trying
> to customize the configuration too much.  After that, you may
> need to create a patch for the Makefiles in order to get the
> exact compile
> options you want.   (don't forget GCC, it compiles some things with
> EABI turned off too, and I had to use "-mno-use-cxa-atexit"
> in order to avoid "__dso_handle")

Sometimes i got  strange behaviour. For example malloc call my sbrk function
to increase the heap, this work fine, but sometimes when I change some part
of the code (different place from sbrk) and recompiled it I got a strange
parameter on sbrk, which let sbrk failed.
Thus I thought about stack problem!

-Amir