This is the mail archive of the
newlib@sourceware.org
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Problems VPATH, pow
Davies, Daniel wrote:
Sorry for the subject-less message - I hit the send button too soon.
-----Original Message-----
From: Davies, Daniel
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 1:57 PM
To: 'newlib@sources.redhat.com'
Cc: Davies, Daniel
Subject:
First, let me thank everyone involved with newlib, it has certainly made
my life easier!
I'm cross compiling newlib 1.13.0 for powerpc-unknown-eabialtivec on
i386-pc-solaris2.10. I'm using version 3.80 of gnu make and gcc 4.0.1.
Two nits:
1. This is probably a solairs-ism. The VPATH declaration in
newlib-1.13.0/libgloss/rs6000/Makefile.in is
VPATH = @srcdir@ @srcdir@/..
This does not work in Solairs.
VPATH = @srcdir@:@srcdir@/..
(replaced space with colon) works.
I have changed this over to use colon as gnu make accepts either space
or colon.
2. pow(0, y) = 1 for all y > 0, e.g. 0^2 = 1. It looks like pow doesn't
check for this case, takes the log of 0 (which is undefined), gets a
number very close to 0 instead of an approximation to minus infinity,
later takes exp of this number and gets 1.
Can you provide a test that demonstrates your problem? I have a simple
test which when run on mn10300 and linux, works as expected (result of
pow (0,2) is 0).
#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>
int main (void)
{
printf ("pow (1,2) is %g\n", pow (1, 2));
printf ("pow (0,2) is %g\n", pow (0, 2));
printf ("pow (2,2) is %g\n", pow (2, 2));
return 0;
}
~
bash-3.00$ ./a.out
pow (1,2) is 1
pow (0,2) is 0
pow (2,2) is 4
Dan