This is the mail archive of the
newlib@sources.redhat.com
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: RTEMS patch sweep: *types.h
- From: Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>
- To: "J. Johnston" <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Newlib List <newlib at sources dot redhat dot com>, Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>, Eric Norum <norume at aps dot anl dot gov>
- Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:41:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: RTEMS patch sweep: *types.h
- References: <1109034441.15184.374.camel@mccallum.corsepiu.local> <421E225C.9040003@redhat.com>
On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 13:52 -0500, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Patch checked in.
Thanks.
What's your opinion on generalizing this patch?
I.e. to move libc/sys/rtems/machine/_types.h to libc/include/machine
and remove the first "#if !defined (__rtems__)"'ed block from
lib/include/sys/types.h in favor of the corresponding "#else /*
__rtems__ */" block.
I am not sure about the impact this would have on Cygwin and on Linux-
newlib, but as far as I can tell, this would fix fixed-size types for
some of "bare" embedded targets, which currently are broken (h8, avr,
c4x)
Ralf