long double redirects and dynamic loader behavior

Tulio mentioned that he and Carlos discussed this topic during Cauldron last year.

As far as I understand it, dlopen becomes problematic when loading code compiled against an unknown long double ABI. My understanding is the gnu-attribute exists to help catch those cases at link time. I am unsure how, or if it does anything to assist dynamically loaded libraries.

dlsym is more tricky. The redirects obfuscate the naming of many common symbols. I.e dlsym(...,"printf") might give you something which almost works, but is broken.

What is the current thinking regarding the behavior of these features when redirects are used?