Re: FYI: Status of gdb usage of gerrit

On 28/11/19 2:26 am, Florian Weimer wrote:
> The patchwork client itself does not seem to have been packaged in
> Debian, though.

A compatible client needs to be downloaded from the instance.  e.g. for
kernel.org it is:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/pwclient

There's also the question of plugging in CI, but I suppose we could add
triggers and have buildbot, jenkins, etc. run things based off those
triggers and send an email.

But it's going to be a fair amount of configuration.  Question is, do we
have the resources to do this maintenance and enhancement?  Maybe we can
use the GNU funds to contract someone to set it up and keep this running.

It seems like the major hurdle is our need to hack in the email workflow
into everything that we try.  I wonder if it's really worth the effort
and if we want to just switch over once and for all so that emails
become only a source of notifications.

Siddhesh