Re: Language code changes over time: zh_CN -> zh_Hans

On 10/10/19 11:22 AM, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
> What is the support status of these new language codes in Glibc?

The W3C reference says to use zh-Hans and zh-Hant, which follow the BCP47 RFC.

So glibc would need to add aliases for zh-Hans and zh-Hant.

We don't currently have those aliases, but could add them.

> If not supported, can we imagine to have backward compatibility while
> upstream projects migrate to the new language code? I assume these
> are not the only language code renaming, what policy do you suggest
> concerning these?

We should get the work done upstream and backport.

Mike, Rafal, Any opinions? This just seems like a locale.alias addition?
Is there a wider set of automatic aliases we need to add to conform to BCP47
with the system APIs?