This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Incorrect days of the week in ru_UA locale
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Mikhail Gribanov <mikhail dot gribanov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, bug-glibc-locales at gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 17:44:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: Incorrect days of the week in ru_UA locale
- References: <CAAw3sAQHZn++JjSYEYzkk8G3a_v5Oi2+eO1hT4rmwbGE7-eGXQ@mail.gmail.com>
* Mikhail Gribanov:
> Hi, sorry if I wrote the wrong way, I did not find who to contact to
> fix this problem.
> Preamble: Many linux distributions use the wrong day of the week in
> ru_UA locale and close my bug reports because of "out of scope". After
> some searching I managed to find out that localization is taken from
> glibc. I hope you can help me (or send to the right place).
> Problem: In ru_UA locale for days of the week the abbreviation with
> three letters is used, which is incorrect: "Пнд", "Вто", "Срд"...
> Solution/Fix: Use two-letter abbreviations:"Пн", "Вт", "Ср", "Чт",
> "Пт", "Сб", "Вс". You can also just copy days of the week from ru_RU
> locale where are they represented correctly.
Does the choice have political implications? uk_UA locale uses
three-letter month abbreviations, I think.