Re: Status of build bots?

* Joseph Myers:

> Case in point: the known (and documented as such on the wiki) failures of
>
> FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-ai_idn
> FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-ai_idn-latin1
>
> with libidn2 before version 2.0.5.
>
> Marking as either UNSUPPORTED or XFAIL when using older libidn2 would be
> reasonable (I suspect UNSUPPORTED is more practical, since the tests could
> dlopen libidn2 and call idn2_check_version).  Leaving as FAIL is
> unhelpful; it means anyone testing on Ubuntu 18.04, for example, needs to
> know to disregard those failures.

I'll gladly review a patch for that.  I'm not sure what the system
configuration is exactly because I don't think that a supported Ubunutu
18.04 installation contains the prerequisites for building glibc, so I'm
not sure how to replicate this locally.

> (The other, longstanding, failure I see for native x86_64 testing on
> Ubuntu 18.04 is
>
> FAIL: nss/tst-nss-files-hosts-long
>
>  .)

I see this on Fedora 30 as well.  It is unclear why it happens.  There
is no support for debugging container tests today, so I haven't been
able to find the cause.

Thanks,
Florian