Re: glibc at the Toolchains microconference at LPC 2019

On 6/26/19 4:39 PM, Christian Brauner wrote:
> Difficult to get reviewers in the sense of kernel people who wrote
> the syscalls? I'm trying as hard as I can to bridge the libc/kernel
> barrier by always cc'ing e.g. Florian or Dmitry and ask for input on
> what you need. I'm happy to work as closely as I can.

Anyone can review patches on libc-alpha, and provide a "Reviewed-by"
sign-off. With enough of these the patch gains consensus that the right
people have agreed to it. This make subsequent review even easier if
I know the original author of the syscall signs off on the glibc
implementation as meeting their expectations.

For syscall patches we generally want a peer review from another glibc
developer who knows the interfaces and is looking for any mistakes,
or missing information e.g. versions, internal macro usage, docs,
test case usage etc.

So in summary:
- A nod from the original syscall author that their expectations are
  translated into userspace.
- A nod from another glibc developer as a "belt-and-suspenders" that
  the patch doens't have any problems.

That's enough for a commit to master in my book.

Carlos.