Re: glibc for 32-bit kernel without __ARCH_WANT_TIME32_SYSCALLS

On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 12:05:16 PDT (-0700), Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 4:40 PM Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com> wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 02:34:18 PDT (-0700), fweimer@redhat.com wrote:
> * Alistair Francis:

The plan is to just actually always have 64-bit kernel time calls on 32-bit
RISC-V, which is what has been blocking the port.  I was under the impression
it was possible to do this with a very new kernel, but I haven't had time to
actively look in to it so I might be wrong.

I'm adding Arnd, who was doing the work on the kernel side.

Arnd: I'm not sure if you read libc-alpha.  Can we pull the tirgger in a
64-bit-only time_t rv32i glibc port?

There are still a few drivers that need work in the kernel, but anything
that glibc cares about directly should be there in 5.1.

Awesome, thanks!  I'm not that worried about the driver stuff for 32-bit RISC-V
land, as there's no real hardware right now.