This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Changes to "Contribution Checklist" -- Format of the contribution.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 10:58:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: Changes to "Contribution Checklist" -- Format of the contribution.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Carlos O'Donell:
> I would like to propose that the "Contribution Checklist"
> tell first time developers to send a 'git format-patch'
> file or inlined text to the list for patch review instead
> of a split patch and distinct ChangeLog.
I would like to see the actual wording.
Should we move the contribution checklist to Git, so that it we can
maintain it more easily?
Perhaps not into the manual, where it become outdated after
installation, but somewhere else in the tree?