This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Changes to "Contribution Checklist" -- Format of the contribution.
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 15:17:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: Changes to "Contribution Checklist" -- Format of the contribution.
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2/14/19 4:58 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Carlos O'Donell:
>> I would like to propose that the "Contribution Checklist"
>> tell first time developers to send a 'git format-patch'
>> file or inlined text to the list for patch review instead
>> of a split patch and distinct ChangeLog.
> I would like to see the actual wording.
OK, I just went ahead and made *all* the changes I wanted to
make and put them into the streamlined v2 version of the
contribution checklist. I expect that when we fix ChangeLog
generation we can easily edit just "Properly Formatted GNU ChangeLog"
which is the only place that references ChangeLogs.
- Shorter. All version specific information moved out to
"Legacy Contributions" page.
- Streamlined. Steps in order of relevance and patch creation
- Focus on getting full patches via `git format-patch` from
developers, and thus making review easy.
- Suggest use of 8< to split discussion from patch
- Fixed up any old information.
Reviewed and updated: