Re: Propose requiring Python 3.4 or later for building glibc.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018, Joseph Myers wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Helmut Grohne wrote:
>
> > Daniel Schepler is working on a native bootstrap approach. As far as I
> > understand, he natively bootstraps Debian from non-Debian (same
> > processor architecure and kernel). I expect that his work will be
> > impacted by the proposed change. I've added him to Cc to let him speak
> > up.
>
> Daniel, any comments?  I believe we have all the other distribution

My attention has been drawn to a reply at
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2018/10/msg00059.html> that didn't
go to libc-alpha.

Carlos, do you agree we have consensus on the Python 3.4 requirement (the
patch <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-10/msg00215.html> to add
that requirement still needs to be reviewed)?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com