This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] signal: Use correct type for si_band in siginfo_t [BZ #23562]
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Ilya Yu. Malakhov" <malakhov at mcst dot ru>
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:07:33 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] signal: Use correct type for si_band in siginfo_t [BZ #23562]
- References: <email@example.com>
This has broken the conform/ tests for SPARC, so that you now get:
because si_band no longer has the POSIX-specified type.
For 32-bit SPARC you should be able to use long int and so avoid the
failures, as that won't change the layout. For 64-bit SPARC this would be
a case where the kernel having the wrong type means you need an
appropriately conditioned and commented XFAIL in signal.h-data and
sys/wait.h-data (and appropriately conditioned and commented
conformtest-xfail-conds definition in a relevant sysdeps Makefile to
define the condition that's used in the conform/ data changes).
Joseph S. Myers