This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] soft-fp: Add the lack of implementation for 128 bit self-contained
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Zong Li <zongbox at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <palmer at dabbelt dot com>, <darius at bluespec dot com>, <andrew at sifive dot com>, <dj at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <jimw at sifive dot com>, <kito at andestech dot com>, <greentime at andestech dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:10:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] soft-fp: Add the lack of implementation for 128 bit self-contained
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 15 Oct 2018, Zong Li wrote:
> Here only add the lack of implementation when building the RISC-V 32-bit
You're adding an implementation, not adding a lack of implementation
(you're adding the implementation of the pieces that are needed by the
RISC-V 32-bit port). The same point applies to the proposed summary line
for the commit.
> These marcos are used when the following situations occur at the same
> + * soft-fp/op-8.h: Add macros for RV32 use.
Please see the GNU Coding Standards for how to write ChangeLog entries.
In this case, you need to list all the new macros individually.
> +#define _FP_FRAC_CLZ_8(R, X) \
A previous review comment suggested a loop here. You expressed a
performance concern in
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-07/msg00929.html>. Have you
done any benchmarking since then to justify the concern and not making the
Joseph S. Myers