This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] aarch64: optimized memcpy implementation for thunderx2
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt dot org>
- To: sellcey at cavium dot com, Anton Youdkevitch <anton dot youdkevitch at bell-sw dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 21:11:47 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] aarch64: optimized memcpy implementation for thunderx2
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 01/10/18 9:07 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
Anton is doing this work under a contract with Cavium. Cavium has a
corporate copyright assignment on file with FSF so I am hoping that
is sufficient for Anton to make contributions. I don't have my login
to fencepost anymore so I can't double check the specifics of the
Cavium copyright assignment myself but my understanding is that it is
a general one that does not restrict contributions to be from just
a list of specific people.
Thanks for the clarification Steve. That should be sufficient assuming
that Anton's work is owned by Cavium.
As for the patch itself, I'll leave it to you for a deeper review since
you're the better judge for tx2 performance. It would still be nice to
see the results from memcpy-walk and not just memcpy-large, assuming
that's what Anton tested with.
The patch needs a ChangeLog too.