This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Assuming consensus (was: Re: [PATCH] en_IN: Set the correct date format for "%x").
- From: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 12:41:05 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Assuming consensus (was: Re: [PATCH] en_IN: Set the correct date format for "%x").
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
25.08.2018 04:38 Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> wrote:
> As localedata subsystem maintainer you have the right to assume consensus
> here and commit this patch immediately. If you are looking for additional
> review you should clarify that.
You have repeated this statement multiple times already so I'm afraid there
is a misunderstanding at my side. So far I've been trying to follow the
Contribution Checklist  as closely as possible, that is:
1. Attach the patch to a Bugzilla report.
2. Post it to libc-alpha.
3. Wait some time to let the people express their concerns.
By "some time" I mean about 1 week (usually less).
4. If there is no feedback or if there is a positive feedback or
if we are short of time (e.g., the patch must be applied before a release
which is scheduled in few days) then I assume consensus and push to master.
I understand that usually there will be no feedback because the change may
apply to a language that none of us can speak, or (rare case) it may apply
to a language which I can speak but few or no other people here can. Of course,
I always try to gather the data from reliable sources and approach the native
Optionally, if a change is trivial, nondestructive, and I am absolutely sure
it is correct (like improving comments or fixing an obvious typo) then I:
1. Push the patch to master immediately.
2. Post it to libc-alpha as PATCH COMMITTED.
Do you mean that I should not post the locale data patches to libc-alpha
and push them immediately to master, as long as I have performed a sufficient
research off-list? Should I post the patches after pushing (as PATCH COMMITTED)
or should I also skip this step?
A simple yes/no answer will be sufficient for me.
> I have no opinion on the bug itself (I
> haven't reviewed it).
BTW, I think it needs a further work, that means: the patch is correct but
the same change may be needed for more locales.