This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: V8 test-in-container patch
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: joseph at codesourcery dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, fweimer at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 22:39:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: V8 test-in-container patch
- References: <email@example.com>
On 08/24/2018 10:28 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Does this mean build-many-glibcs test run for ia64 passes now?
> Insofaras the IA64 compiler doesn't complain about missing symbols or
> libraries, yes. The bootstrap problem is still sortof there, wrt the
> building of C++ libraries vs the presence of a C++ compiler. IMHO we
> still need to figure out a way to defer building links-dso-program until
> we know we're going to run the testsuite. The problem with that, is
> that it must be run before anything uses the test container, and we
> don't seem to have an easy way to trigger that in our Makefile rules.
Agreed, we'll keep working on that to solve Steve Ellcey's problem.