This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: V8 test-in-container patch
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Jason Duerstock <jason dot duerstock at gmail dot com>, dj at redhat dot com
- Cc: joseph at codesourcery dot com, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 22:56:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: V8 test-in-container patch
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAP5F8c+0EjtjaOSf5itJxx385r70XrjGEDWMvsdf8QDmOVVDRA@mail.gmail.com>
On 08/24/2018 10:52 PM, Jason Duerstock wrote:
> Apologies if I am asking in the wrong place, but what is involved in
> removing ia64's dependency on libunwind?
This needs to be discussed with the ia64 gcc maintainer (Jim Wilson?)
on the gcc mailing list.
Most architectures provide an unwinder in libgcc without any external
Likely what's involved is adding an unwinder to libgcc which works for
ia64 and doesn't depend on any external library.
I hope that answers your question.